The aquaculture industry in Nova Scotia is supported by a wide variety of dedicated professionals representing a diverse skillset invested in moving the industry forward across this province. Interested in a career in aquaculture? Consider one of the following opportunities.
Research & Development Coordinator
Employer: Aquaculture Association of Nova Scotia
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
The Research & Development Coordinator reports to and takes direction from the Executive Director of the AANS.
The Research & Development Coordinator’s primary role is to facilitate the relationship between the science community and Nova Scotia’s aquaculture industry. In addition, the Research & Development Coordinator will network with his/her colleagues in New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland to ensure that the members of the AANS have the most up-to-date information on aquaculture research projects, their results and applicability to their businesses. The Research & Development Coordinator will also be responsible for assisting the Executive Director on environmental issues. The Research & Development Coordinator will also work with the Board of Directors to develop a suite of services that might be offered to the Association’s members as needed.
To consult with AANS member farmers and others to continually update AANS’s research and development priorities;
To act as a communication link between the industry and the research community;
To participate in an R&D network to ensure that information flows among the Atlantic provinces;
To act as a resource person to the Association on environmental issues;
To work with the Board to implement a members services program;
To work independently to meet identified deadlines.
1. The Research & Development Coordinator will work with industry and government partners to develop and communicate aquaculture research and development priorities for Nova Scotia.
2. The Research & Development Coordinator will work with Association members to develop R&D project proposals.
3. The Research & Development Coordinator will work with the Board and Executive Director to develop projects of regional and national significance for the industry as deemed appropriate.
4. The Research & Development Coordinator will establish and act as a resource to a Scientific Review Committee, which will provide advice to the Board of Directors on projects requesting the Association’s support.
5. The Research & Development Coordinator will work with the Board to determine the optimal services to benefit the members and to raise non-dues revenue for the Association. The R&D Coordinator will also assist the Board and the Executive Director in marketing the Association to perspective members.
6. The Research & Development Coordinator will assist the Executive Director and Board committees with the planning and execution of AANS meetings, seminars, workshops and conferences.
7. The Research & Development Coordinator will attend meetings on behalf of the Association, when requested.
8. The Research & Development Coordinator will, from time to time, be required to carry out other tasks, as assigned.
The key elements upon which the Research & Development Coordinator’s performance will be evaluated are development and coordination of R&D projects for the industry, communication with members and the research community, progress on environmental management issues, and assistance with developing services for members.
The Research & Development Coordinator will consult with the Executive Director before taking any action or making any commitment on behalf of the Association.
All communication with the Board of Directors will be through the Executive Director, unless otherwise directed.
This role is full-time until December 31, 2020 with continuation of the role subject to funding and performance. A driver’s license and travel is required as well as work on weekends. This role reports to the Executive Director. Start date is as soon as possible.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com indicating how your experience is related to the listed skill areas. Include two examples of your relevant work. No phone calls. Please visit www.seafarmers.ca for more information about
Thank you for your interest in the Aquaculture Association of Nova Scotia and please note that only candidates selected for an interview with the selection committee will be contacted.