Looking to learn more about aquaculture? You can find more information on the links below. All information provided here comes directly from peer-reviewed or government sources.
Get The Facts
- Aquaculture Fact Sheet 2020
- The Facts about Aquaculture in Nova Scotia
- Salmon farming
- Salmon as a healthy source of protein
- Socioeconomic benefits of fish farming
- Keeping oceans healthy
- Wild salmon
- Aquaculture Science & Research
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) has the lead federal role in managing Canada’s fisheries and safeguarding its waters. The Canadian Coast Guard (CCG), a Special Operating Agency within DFO, is responsible for services and programs that contribute to the safety, security, and accessibility of Canada’s waterways.
The Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture has a legislated mandate to manage, promote, support and develop the fishing, aquaculture and seafood processing industries that contribute to the economic, environmental and social prosperity of Nova Scotia’s coastal and rural communities.
- Current Aquaculture Operations in Nova Scotia (Map)