- ½ cup ketchup
- Wasabi horseradish to taste
- 1½ cup plain panko
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp butter move if needed
- 1 tbsp canola oil more if needed
- 2 10oz jars of small oysters, shucked
- Lemon wedges
- Make the cocktail sauce. Combine the ketchup and wasabi horseradish together, to taste, mix well then set aside to allow flavors to mingle.
- Combine the panko seasonings with fresh parsley, garlic powder, and sea salt & freshly cracked pepper, to taste.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Dip the oysters, one at a time, in the panko crumbs, making sure to coat the entire oyster evenly. Place into the HOT skillet. Repeat with the remaining jar of oysters, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes, carefully flip the oysters over and continue to cook until golden brown and crisp, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the oysters from the pan and place on a paper towel line plate to drain some of the grease. Serve immediately with lemon wedges and cocktail sauce. Enjoy!
[Source – For The Love of Cooking]