The Aquaculture Association of Nova Scotia is pleased to provide our members with a range of program offerings that are designed to assist the operational and business development goals of new and experienced Nova Scotia aquaculture farmers. For more information, read on below.
- AANS Surety Bond Program – The Aquaculture Association of Nova Scotia, in cooperation with the Nova Scotia Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture, has developed an “AANS Member Group Surety Bond” program that satisfies the requirement for a security bond under the 2015 Aquaculture License and Lease Regulations: Section 56 – 1. “An aquaculture leaseholder must ensure that a security bond is in place…”Contact the AANS office or click here for more information.
- Infrastructure Programs – Beginning with the Shellfish Infrastructure and Development Program, the Association is equipped to offer non-repayable funding to members that would allow them greater capacities to grow their businesses. Projects that meet the program are eligible to have 70% of expenses paid for by the Association, which has partnered with the AFF for this purpose. You can learn more about our ongoing program by clicking here.
- Nova Scotia Aquaculture Lease Sales and Assignments – The AANS has developed an online “Seafarmers” website portal for posting listings for members wishing to offer their aquaculture lease for sale. In addition, the AANS “Seafarmers” website will also provide information provided by the Nova Scotia Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture on any additional lease opportunities that are available. For more information contact email@example.com, or click here for more information.
- Research & Development Project Services – The AANS Research & Development program works on the development of projects that are focused on industry challenges, bringing together appropriate partners, aids in managing research projects, and provides assistance in the procurement of funding support. For more information or to discuss a potential project proposal, contact Laura Carvalho Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org. For existing program information, click here.
- Events & Workshops – The AANS offers a number of events and workshops, both public and private, that can only be participated in by members of good standing. This includes larger, more publicized events such as the Conference and the Atlantic Oyster Café, as well as smaller workshops that will be sent out periodically through email alerts as they approach. These events and workshops are both informative and excellent opportunities to network with professionals across the industry – be sure you don’t miss out.
- Media & Marketing Support – Brand Identity, Online Presence (Design, website management, social media management, strategy and training), print marketing materials, copywriting all tools to be utilized in community engagement. At the AANS, we can help you develop the support tools you need to connect your business with the greater community. For more information, contact email@example.com.
- Promotion and Outreach – Exclusively for members, the AANS will provide promotional support through our social media channels, and in our newsletter at no additional charge. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Event Support – From event coordination, planning and facilitation to execution the AANS can help in making sure your community engagement events are a success. From open farm days, community outreach/training events, festival support we can provide administrative and logistical support in advance and help coordinate individuals on the day(s) of your event to ensure everything goes flawlessly. For more information, contact email@example.com.