The COVID-19 pandemic is drastically affecting our daily lives and our industry. In a desire to assist you to resource the latest information on industry assistance programs and COVID-19 developments, we’re including on this page several resources that you may find useful on the subject.
If there’s anything else you’d like to see included here, please feel free to let us know by clicking ‘Contact‘ on the menu and we’d be happy to add your resource to the list.
LAST UPDATED: May 21/2020
- Perennia Resource Page
- Current Update for COVID-19 Re-Opening (05/12)
- Online Self-Assessment for COVID-19
- Google Resource Page (Canada)
- Health Advice from Registered Nurses: 811
- Toll-Free Information Line: 1-833-784-4397
- Nova Scotia Coronavirus Information Center
- Canada.ca Coronavirus Information Centre
- Halifax Regional Municipality Updates
- COVID-19 Assessment Centers (Remember to call 811 first!)
- Letter and FAQ from Dr. Strang (03/27)
- TV Interview with Infectious Disease Expert
- International Mail Updates – Service may be slower in general.
- Expansion of Support for Small Businesses (5/19)
- Reliefs for Farmers and Fish Harvesters (05/14)
- Safety Practices for Seafood Processing in Nova Scotia
- COVID-19 and the Food Production Industry
- 04/14 – Information for Nova Scotia Employees
- Changes to Emergency Response Benefit 4/15
- Workplace Safety Advice Line: 1-800-952-2687
- Grant Thornton – Resource Explanation
- The Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy will cover 75% of salaries for qualifying businesses, for up to 3 months, retroactive to March 15, 2020.
- The Work-Sharing program has been extended from 38 weeks to 76 weeks.
- Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP) – offers additional credit options for small businesses.
- The Small Business Impact Grant. Eligible small businesses and social enterprises will receive a grant of 15 per cent of their revenue from sales — either from April 2019 or February 2020, up to a maximum of $5,000.
- Halifax Chamber of Commerce Directory
- Nova Scotia Business Inc. COVID-19 Resources
- Government Resource Announcements