The Aquaculture Association of Nova Scotia represents and is the advocate for people and business involved in the aquaculture industry in this province. It includes shellfish, finfish and seaplant farmers, processors, fish hatchery and nursery owner-operators, land-based recirculation operators involved in alternate species and a range of industry suppliers.
The Sea Farmers team supports the aquaculture industry and its members by:
- Advocating on behalf of the aquaculture industry
- Providing insightful Research and Development initiatives
- Developing strategies for both current and future industry growth
- Promoting Sea Farmers product diversity
- Supporting Nova Scotia’s local Sea Farmers stories
- Encouraging Nova Scotian communities to develop Sustainable Aquaculture as well as “Community Aquaculture Development Groups”.
The Aquaculture Association of Nova Scotia along with the Nova Scotia Department of Advanced Education is pleased to sponsor a three-part training program for AANS Shellfish and Finfish...
All hands are invited on deck in Newfoundland this summer to join CaNOE in navigating a course for ocean literacy in Canada. Our aim is to pull together to develop our uniquely Canadian...
Two days of seafood sampling, prize draws, sand castle building, touch tank, entertainment and delicious meals at Catch of the Bay Fish & Chip Boat...