The aquaculture Association of Nova Scotia represents and is the advocate for people and business involved in the aquaculture industry in this province. It includes shellfish, finfish and seaplant farmers, processors, fish hatchery and nursery owner-operators, land-based recirculation operators involved in alternate species and a range of industry suppliers.
The Sea Farmers team supports the aquaculture industry and its members by:
- Advocating on behalf of the aquaculture industry
- Providing insightful Research and Development initiatives
- Developing strategies for both current and future industry growth
- Promoting Sea Farmers product diversity
- Supporting Nova Scotia’s local Sea Farmers stories
- Encouraging Nova Scotian communities to develop Sustainable Aquaculture as well as “Community Aquaculture Development Groups”.
The new 2015 Nova Scotia Regulatory framework identifies community outreach and engagement as an integral component of lease and licence applications and renewals. This day long workshop will be...
Join us in Halifax, Nova Scotia January 2018 for our annual conference. More details to come shorty...
Prepare to Sip n’ Shuck your way through one of the most memorable culinary events in Nova Scotia. If you enjoy oysters and mussels (and MUCH more!), then this is a can’t miss...